Friday, June 18, 2010

ps to today's first update

I will say one thing, having to wait 4-5 months has given us plenty of time to think about this and talk about it. And we have. And we still feel this is the right thing for us. We feel so blessed to have such awesome donors.

I personally feel that I am getting everything I could have dreamed of. Two years ago I mourned the loss of ever carrying a pregnancy to full term. I will now be blessed with that opportunity and I still cannot believe it. When we turned to adoption, early on we decided we wanted an open adoption because we wanted our children to know where they came from, after talking to several adult adoptees, we realized and appreciated how important it is for people to know where they came from. So we will be able to give our child(ren) the gift of knowing where they came from.

We have had 4+ months to consider our child(ren)'s family tree that will have FOUR main branches, rather than just two.

I take comfort in knowing we are right where we are supposed to be, and I hope what we have been through over the past 11 years will help us to be the best parents we can be.

I do look forward to the day we meet the donors and their children, though I know I'll be a blubbering fool. I have had contact with the donors through email and text messaging and I find myself saying "thank you" A LOT and it just never seems adequate. How do we ever say thank you and convey our deep appreciation for this incredible gift we've been given.

Ok, I've succeeded in making myself cry now, time to go :)

3 comments:

PP Admin said...

Julie - I'm a Genetic Parent, who placed our remaining embryos with a wonderful family. I'm touched at how much you mention the Donor family and consider them in your journey. Something you don't have to do, but choose to. Praying for all good things with your upcoming transfer and a successful pregnancy. Our Adopting familie's blog is www.snowflake.wordpress.com. Mine is PlacingParents.org. All the best to you!

Christine said...

Okay, you've made me cry to - knowing how long your journey has been and how patient you have been just makes this next step even more exciting.
Before you know it time will have flown by and those 11 years will be a very distant memory.
You have many blessings to come! Congrats!

Meredith said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to hear how your journey goes. Adoption is a beautiful thing!

~Meredith