Thursday, July 8, 2010

eleven years

Eleven years. In August, it will be eleven years that we have been trying to have a family.

1 billion clomid cycles
2 IUIs
5 med-only cycles
3 miscarriages
2 years of trying to adopt

I can't help but think about how my life is about to change. Most of my friends have only known Julie-trying-to-have-a-family. They don't know me any other way.

I've forgotten what normal Julie is like. Eleven years is a long time.

And now I wonder what it will be like to live my life not trying to have a family.

What will it be like to actually have what I've waited eleven years for. What will I be like. I will have a child to totally focus my attention on, so I will have something to do with all the energy and time I've been spending trying to have a family.

There is big change ahead, and I'm excited. I'm ready to get on with my life!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Its simply amazing how IF can completely consume your life. When a mother knows what she wants she does not stop until her baby is home!

~Meredith

OhBoyMom said...

Julie, I love your attitude and I wish you best of luck!!! Wondering if you ever researched reproductive immunology? Search yahoo groups for immu repro pg and /or google AEB/Beer Ctr in CA. You may find this very helpful. GL, we are all routing for you!!

Meira:)