Sunday, May 2, 2010

update #372

The legal process of transferring embryos from the donors to us is proving to be much more complicated than I'd ever imagined. But then our whole journey to be parents has proved to be much more complicated than I'd ever imagined.

I am trying to keep my eye on the prize, but some days are more difficult that others.

The donors continue to be more supportive that I ever could have imagined.

Our RE says this has been one of the most difficult situations he has ever been involved with. Leave it to us to have things be complicated.

There are some meds I that that I cannot take while pregnant so I have been weaning off those, of course with some difficulty.

We began this process in February, and here it is May. We'd hoped for an April transfer, but now May isn't looking good either. Maybe June.

For those of you considering private embryo donation, be sure to ask your attorney what is involved and how long you can expect the legal side of things to take. We never never imagined it would take this long. Our legal agreement is over 12 pages long and contains items we never imagined we'd have to think about. After seeing our RE in March, and talking to our attorney, we assumed it would be taken care of in a matter of weeks, not months. We just has no clue what was involved.

I turned 45 last week. My age is a matter of concern for me because I want to be around for my child(ren) as long as possible, and I'd like to be around to see our grandchildren.

And still, I wonder about the state of adopting from foster in our country. What is wrong with that system that after two years and nearly 100 inquiries, Chris and I were not able to adopt. Why? Why were we never chosen. What will become of the children waiting in foster care.

So much on my mind. I just want a family, yesterday.

5 comments:

Amy said...

((((HUGS))) Julie. I don't understand it either...

KT said...

There are a lot of "WHY's" out there...may we all live at peace without knowing the answers at the moment.

I am sorry this is such a frustrating process for you; I am frustrated reading your post.

Know that we are thinking of you...hope those embroys find their way to you soon!

Unknown said...

I don't understand either. Thinking of you, and hoping this process becomes less frustrating, and you can move on to the next phase soon!

Christine said...

Keep you eyes fixed on the prize! Once everything is signed and sealed, they will be delivered. And you will have a baby(ies) in your arms by this time next year. Smooches and Hugs.

Julie said...

thank you all for your support, it does mean to much :):):)