Thursday, January 29, 2009

more about Kellie Coffey from her official site

[8/5/2007 6:36:00 PM] Kellie's Story

With the success of the video for "I would Die For That", so many have asked about Kellie''s journey to being a mom. Here, in her own words, she tells her story...

"I knew it was happening to me…but I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t want to believe it. I went to my writing session with my producer, Wayne Kirkpatrick, anyway. When I got there, it got worse. I was really cramping and bleeding now. I looked at him with tears in my eyes and said, “I think something bad is happening”. He was looking at his computer trying to bring up some sounds for a song we were working on…”huh?”, he said and looked up as he asked “What’s wrong?” I heard myself say the words, “I think I’m having a miscarriage.” He stood up and hugged me. He was very comforting but I said “I have to call my husband, Geoff, I have to go home.”

I wondered if I had worked out too hard. Maybe I ate something bad. Why was this happening to me? Was I too stressed out? Did I wait too long to have a baby? I was getting hysterical. Maybe it will stop and the baby will be alright. Geoff answered the phone, “Hello?”
“It’s getting worse”, I blurted out, sobbing.
“Where are you?”, he asked.
“I’m driving.”
“I want you to calm down. Do you need to pull over?
“No. I just want to get home and lay down.”
“You are closer to the doctor’s office. Can you drive yourself there? I will meet you. You have to calm down first, though. It’s going to be alright.” Geoff has this way of making me feel like it’s gonna be okay. He is a rock.

My career was all encompassing. It was like stepping onto a moving train. I was working so hard. I was so focused. There were two things that I wanted in life more than anything. One was to be a singer and the other was to be a mom. I kept telling myself (and my husband), We’ll get pregnant after I can get established in the business, after this next single, once my second album hits retail… after I get a hold of this thing.

Like most women I wanted to have it all: a great marriage, fulfilling career and be a hands-on Mom. The reality is there is a price for everything. I knew there was discrimination involving female artists getting pregnant in the recording industry. It was looked upon as a lack of commitment. You’ll lose your edge. You’ll get fat..."
The story seems to get cut of there, but I have ready that she has a boy and a girl.

No comments: