Tuesday, January 27, 2009

the secret life of the american teenager

on ABC Family
Mondays at 8 p.m. eastern

The Secret Life of the American Teenager is a television series created by Brenda Hampton that debuted on ABC Family on July 1, 2008. The teen drama focuses on the relationships between families and friends dealing with the unexpected pregnancy of character Amy Juergens, portrayed by Shailene Woodley.

Centered around teen Amy Juergens, The Secret Life of the American Teenager explores the effects of Amy's pregnancy on her life as well as on her friends and family. The news of her pregnancy puts additional strain on her parents' already rocky marriage, but actually brings Amy closer with her younger sister Ashley, her new boyfriend, Ben, as well as with other teens at the fictional Ulysses S. Grant High School in California.

As you may have noticed, I'm obsessed with all things adoption. I want to read everything I can get my hands on (internet or otherwise) and I want to watch every movie, TV program, whatever about adoption.I've just started watching this series. It stars Molly Ringwald, who happens to be pregnant with twins at the moment.

2 comments:

Kate said...

This show is so awful. Bad acting and everything, and I can't stop watching it!! It drives Chucky insane but I have to know what happens to the baby!

Our Little Blessings said...

I've started watching too. I tend to watch anything about adoption.