Wednesday, October 29, 2008

my girls on the fertility forum

I want to tell you about my girls (and I say girls, because at 43, I'm the granny of the bunch!)

I joined the fertility forum in May 2006, the month I had my first infertility procedure. Over the years, I've received wonderful support from many women on this forum and I know many of them are readers of my blog.

Many of these women have been so very fortunate to give birth, one is even pregnant with her second child now, I can't believe how very exciting that must be after experiencing infertility problems.

Another just had her baby girl Lily this week! Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

When one of us has a child, they joyous event is shared by all of us, it's a very strange and wonderful phenomenon.

My very dearest and closest friend had her baby girl over a year ago. We are in contact either online or on the phone, nearly every day. I don't know what I would do without her friendship and support, it's grown to mean so much to me, and we've never even met. I have had the joy of watching her baby grow through photos, and I even got to help pick out her Halloween costume this year. What an honor.

I have an "adopted" little sister who is pregnant and about to take a trip to India to visit her family and attend a wedding. (Yes, I asked and she HAS gotten the ok from her doc to fly. I have to keep an eye on her.) *wink*

My other oldest friend from the forum had a baby boy Alex, and now her partner is pregnant with twins (a boy and a girl)! What a house full they will have!!! I'm just terribly excited for them.

You have already been introduced to my friend through her post who along with her brother is adopted. Both she and her baby boy Jason are truly miracles. Her support has been through infertility and now adoption. I am touched by our friendship

I have another friend who is also hoping to adopt like me and we share adoption tips. It's nice to not have to go it alone.

Recently, I have had the pleasure of reconnecting with another "old" friend from the forum who actually lives only about 1.5 hours away. We have had the pleasure of talking on the phone. It is very exciting to have one of my friends SO close by. We plan to meet some Saturday for lunch when I get through all this home study business. I consider myself her infertility coach and am encouraging her to get aggressive about her treatment! There is no time to waste where infertility is concerned.

I feel sorry for women who have not found support and friendship from others who have experienced infertility, it can be a very isolating experience. Without these women, and many others (this would be a terribly long post if I mentioned everyone – please don't be offended if I didn't mention you!) I would not be who I am or where I am today.

To my girls: I thank you for your support, friendship and love through my infertility journey and now through adoption, it means so much.

This blog has introduced me to new friends who are going through the adoption process or have already experienced the joy of adoption and your friendship, support and encouragement also mean a lot to me.

The internet is a crazy and wonderful thing, IMHO.

If you are suffering from infertility and feeling isolated, I highly recommend you check out this forum and wonderful bunch of people: Fertility Forums

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I completely agree. I am amazed when I think that I have been a member at the fertility forum for almost two and a half years. I have met so many amazing people and seen so many amazing babies born. I love it there and was just telling my dh yesterday about how great it is!