- 85% of adoptions happen because someone knows someone.
- 20% of children exit foster care at age 18 without an adoptive family.
- 85% of business offer their employees financial assistance with adoption.
- 82% of European-born adopted children under 6 are from Russia or Romania.
- 33% of adopted children under 18 live with a householder who has at least a bachelor’s degree. This compares with 26% for biological children and 16% for stepchildren.
- 58% of American's are personally affected by adoption.
Please feel free to add more stats under comments, thanks!
(some of these stats are from the U.S. Census Bureau)